The INP is collaborating within a BMBF funded project with the research center Borstel and Heinrich Pette Institute in order to investigate cold atmospheric pressure plasma application in intensive care. The project involves development, adaptation, and characterization of plasma devices in order to make plasma application useful and accessible for intensive anti-viral care. For the project team, we offer a position in Greifswald starting on 1st April 2021 as
DOCTORAL STUDENT (F/M/D)
PLASMA PLUS CORONA
Fixed term contract for 3 years / Part-time appointment (27 hours/week) / Target salary: TV-L/E13
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You participate in the development and operation of cold atmospheric plasma (CAP) devices and CAP device systems for direct and indirect anti-viral application.
- You correlate the CAP effectivity to anti-viral application with plasma, liquid and gas phase diagnostics.
- You qualify CAP devices and systems concerning safe operating conditions for potential medical application.
- You measure and simulate aerosol distribution.
- You interact with an interdisciplinary team from physicists to medical stuff including presenting scientific results.
- You publish scientific results on scientific conferences and in peer reviewed journals.
- Very good university-level qualification (Master’s degree or equivalent) in plasma technology, physics, bio-physics, chemistry or related natural sciences
- Understanding of at least two diagnostic areas: experimental plasma (optical and electrical), gas or liquid phase diagnostics, preferably of CAP
- Optionally you have a background in medical or plasma device development.
- Optionally you are experienced with aerosol generation, distribution and detection.
- Analytical competencies and problem-oriented thinking
- Fluent English, German optional
- Experienced team worker, willingness and joy for independent work
- Very high communication skills, individual initiative and extraordinary engagement are required.